NIRF: Final submission report
National Institutional Ranking Framework Full Report
Our Institute was initially established as Shree Dharmendrasinhji Arts and Science College. The formal opening of our mother institution was performed by honorable Mr E. C. Gibson on 16th December 1937.
Dr R. K. Yagnik (M.A. Ph.D. – London) was one of the Principal of our college, who made a wonderful attempts for the development of the college from 1941 to 1950. From 1937 to 1947 college was affiliated to Bombay University. In 1947 separate Science section came into existence in new building with the financial support of famous industrialist of Rajkot and former Finance Minister (Saurashtra State) Shri Gidhubhai Bhavanbhai Kotak, who donated Rs. 1,11,111 for the science faculty in the loving memory of his fore fathers Hon. Late Shri Harjivandas Bhavanbhai Kotak and Hon. Late Shri Hargovindas Bhavanbhai Kotak.
The opening ceremony of Science faculty was performed by the Hon. Mr. B. G. Kher, Premier, Govt. of Bombay on Monday, 23rd June 1947. From 1947 to 1967 college was affiliated to Gujarat University, Ahmedabad. 1967 onward college is affiliated with Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
Modern society’s development can be attributed to the impact of science and technology. The college aims to prepare young scientists, enthusiastic researchers, impressive employees and disciplined citizens along with value-oriented human beings.
H. & H. B. Kotak Institute of Science is a government institution and is affiliated to Saurashtra University, Rajkot. The well qualified competent faculties of college strive hard to provide quality higher education in the field of pure science with the vision of inculcating research tendency and innovative thinking among young scientists. The mission of all round development of students through academic and extracurricular activities amplifies their hidden potentialities and prepares them for future career as well as aims to make them good human beings and disciplined citizens.